RCC Guest Wireless Access
Any device or service equipment not purchased by Robeson Community College (RCC) is considered a personal system. All BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) or BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) systems are allowed to register on RCC’s Guest network for each [i]business day. The Guest network will have Internet access only and limited Intranet resources such as internal websites, business systems, and IT applications. Those resources are reserved for RCC owned and managed devices.
Please review the computer policy employed and enforced by the college for all computer systems on campus. This computer network system is the property of Robeson Community College and is for Authorized Use Only. By using this system, all users acknowledge notice of, and agree to comply with, the College’s Internet and Computer Network Acceptable Use Policy. This College complies with state and federal law., Any or all uses of this system and all files on this system may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized College and law enforcement personnel, as well as authorized individuals. By using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring, recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the discretion of authorized College personnel., Unauthorized or improper use of this system may result in administrative disciplinary action, civil charges/criminal penalties, and/or other sanctions as set forth in the College’s Internet and Computer Network Acceptable Use Policy. By continuing to use this guest network you indicate your awareness of and consent to these terms and conditions of use.
If the above policy is violated, administrative disciplinary and/or civil charges/criminal penalties may occur.
Connect To the Guest Network
1. Android devices can connect to the Guest network by viewing available wireless networks from their mobile device. Select RCC Guest from the list of networks as shown in figure 1.0
2. After selecting RCC Guest most devices will automatically display a new login window. In some cases, you will need to select the ‘SIGN IN’ button shown in figure 1.1 to begin the enrollment process.
3. Figure 1.3 shows the new Guest network enrollment screen. You will need to enter a valid email address to receive your guest username and password. Optionally, you can select to send a copy of the username and password to your cell phone using the ‘Click to send login information by text message’ option. If you choice this option, enter your full phone number with area code and the supported mobile carrier shown in figure 1.4.
4. Your email and optionally cell phone will now receive a message that includes your new guest username and password.
5. Use the username and password provided to connect your device to the Guest network. This network should say ‘connected’ as shown in figure 1.6. Please contact the help desk if you have any problems or concerns. The whole process normally takes under 3 minutes and the guest devices will need to login after each business day.
[i] One business day is 12 consecutive hours.